Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Last Friday while trying to get a very hyper Kai boy ready for school, I was informed that snakes don't wear underwear. To think for the last four years I thought he was a little boy!
The past week and a half we have been fairly busy between therapy and doctors visits. A couple of days after we had Brady to see Dr. Cornish we had to take Kai because he had a sore throat. His culture came back negative, go figure. Last Wednesday was the long awaited aqua therapy session with Brian the OT. I was a little bit nervous that Kai would absolutely refuse to get in despite my efforts to prepare him. After about twenty minutes on the stairs of the pool Kai finally decided he trusted Brian. I can't describe how happy I was to see my boy overcoming his fear and being able to move freely in the water. Sometimes it is difficult to watch him play outside with other kids because he really struggles to keep up. In the water however he can be like everyone else.
Yesterday I took him to see Kelly for PT. Kai did really well and even made some progress in the last month. Which is really exciting! The biggest problem we are having is getting him to realize his limits. He just goes and goes because he doesn't want to miss out and then he is miserable for two days after. So the days he is hurting and exhausted we are going to help him remember what he did the day before that may have caused his pain. Hopefully by doing this he can learn to recognize his limits and slow down on his own. Lets keep our fingers crossed and hope this works. I hate to see my little boy hurting.
Below are some pictures from his aqua therapy session.

Brian trying to coerce Kai to get in the pool.
alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5316971416705402722" />

Stubborn Kai refusing to get in.


"Okay I will blow bubbles!"




Yes he is sort of jumping in.


Look at those legs! I don't think he realized Brian was swimming.


Yea I am done!

No comments: