Wednesday, July 22, 2009


THE CHOSEN ONES
I had a dream the other night. It came to me so clear. I stood before the throne of God,afraid to come too near. God said to me, "I hear your prayers. There are answers you can't find. I brought you here to talk to me and help to ease your mind. "I said,"Well, yes, God, I am upset...About my special one. This punishment is awfully harsh...Whatever have I done?" God looked at me and shook his head, He said, "My Dear, you've got it wrong. I sent this special child to you because you are so strong. I searched and searched to try and find someone with a love so rare. Parents so unselfish they could give him that special care. I try to save my special gifts,like those you're speaking of,for a special kind of parents I call the 'Chosen Ones. 'Of all the ones to choose from,I know I've got it done...Parents who deserve my best,an honor you have won." -Unknown

It is way to easy to develop a "Why us?" attitude and for me to bury my head in the sand. Which to tell the truth I have wanted to do lately. When I see him taking longer to recover from one day of being a kid than he used to, I get extremely overwhelmed. Some days I want to wake up and have him be "normal", and then I find something like the above poem that slaps me in the face. Jeremy and I are so blessed to have Kai be a part of our family, and we love him so much. I can't imagine what this world would be without him, and hopefully we will have to wait a very long time before we find out. We truly believe we have been given His best.

1 comment:

Caleb's Co. said...

This is a poem I read when Caleb was first born. It brought tears to my eyes then, and still does today. We are very blessed parents with amazingly special children. Although faced with challenges, we wouldn't trade our experiences with them for the world. These children are life's greatest teachers.

Thanks for sharing,
Amy (mom to Caleb, 3, Ullrich)