Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Our lives have been absolutely crazy these past two weeks. Between our trip to St. George and moving to a different house, I am BEAT! The recent changes and upheaval have been hard on the kids but especially Kai, causing him to be extra sensitive. So much so that on moving day he "ran away" to the old house when his cousin made him upset. Thank goodness he made the short trip unharmed. Needless to say we had a long talk about not leaving the house without supervision.

On the 27th I took Kai to occupational therapy. We spent the hour working out the kinks with Kai's "Bum Wiper". Which if it works will be coming to a medical supply store near you. I definitely think Brian needs to come up with a more catchy name though. All joking aside I really do hope that it works, for Kai's sake. For the time being he is okay having me help in the bathroom. However I can imagine as he gets older he will want more independence.

Kai had a great time in St. George, and he even made some progress with his sensory issues while we were there.
Exhibit A


Kai holding and not wanting to let go of Exhibit A.


Exhibit B


Kai allowing Exhibit B to crawl on him.


Those closest to Kai know what a big deal this is. He is so sensitive I can't even touch his head. So for him to allow a caterpillar to crawl on his arm is HUGE! It brought me to tears to see how excited he was on these two occasions.

Today after watching me cut Uncle Toddy's hair Kai agreed to let me buzz his head. He was in desperate need of a haircut and because we let it go too long I unfortunately cut some of his sores off. That will teach me to not cut it more often.
(For those who don't know Kai has been breaking out in gross sores since he was 10 months old. No one can figure out what they are or why he gets them. What we do know is they get worse when he has hair.) After at least fifteen minutes of torture we thought we were done. Unfortunately after a shower I found a few missed spots. When I told him there were a couple of more spots to be buzzed his response was, "NO YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!" Being the mean mom I am I took the following pictures to capture this moment.




No comments: