Thursday, April 23, 2009

HAPPY (late) BIRTHDAY KAI KAI!!

Our Kai boy has hit the big 5!! I can't believe it! I swear it was just yesterday that I brought him home from the hospital. But then that is how I feel about all of my kids. Kai has had an eventful five years, and knowing him the next five won't be any different.

On Monday Kai had physical therapy with Kelly and unfortunately he was less than compliant. We attributed this to being exhausted from the first of three rousing birthday parties. He obviously rode his new plasma car a little too much on Sunday. Not quite sure how since his daddy and uncle wouldn't get off of it!!

Wednesday we took him to see Dr. Cornish for his well check. Poor kid had to get his kindergarten shots and managed to fail his vision screen. So we will be making a visit to Dr. Larson in the near future to see if Kai needs glasses. My sweet boy just can't catch a break! Dr. Cornish commented that Kai seems to be getting skinnier. I told him that it's not due to the lack of eating. The kids eats non stop and I am not exaggerating! He told me he most likely looks this way because he is losing muscle mass. Big bummer! I am just thankful that he is still healthy in every other way and able to be a little boy. I love him so much and can't imagine life without his funny personality.

We have spent the past few days in St. George with my family. It has been a great few days spent unwinding from our busy month. The kids have had a great time swimming and playing with their uncles. Unfortunately we have to return to reality tomorrow. Since my internet connection is extremely slow I will post pictures once we are home and things settle down.

No comments: