Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Well it has been a very eventful week. Brady and Abigail got sick with respiratory gunk last week and are still fighting it. Abby was hit especially hard and had to go to the doctor on Monday. She was starting to get blue around her lips which freaked me out! So we have her on breathing treatments three times a day for a week. Thankfully I hadn't given back the nebulizer I borrowed. Thanks John and Mel. I promise I will return it soon. We are hoping beyond hope that Kai remains healthy. So far so good (knock on wood).
Today Kai had his evaluation for occupational therapy. I really like Brian the therapist, and I think he will be a good advocate for Kai. When we got there Brian had Kai get in big tire swing that had a bottom. For those who know Kai he hates movement, especially swinging. So after trying to get him to do certain things Kai told us that he has a "swing problem". I couldn't stop laughing. It was definitely an entertaining two hours. So we will now be going to rehab three times a month, twice for OT and once for PT.
One of our main concerns for Kai right now is Kindergarten. We are going to try and get him an IEP, which would ease a lot of my stress. He just continues to have no stamina and I worry about his sensory issues as well. If he does not qualify for some reason we may have to look at home school for him. Which I really don't want to have to do. I really think he needs the social interaction. Hopefully it won't come to that.
We had a couple of funny moments with Brady today. We were coming home on the back roads where all the horses are, and he said,"Look at the elephants mom!" If you have heard the bobcat story you will think like mother like son. In case you haven't heard it yet, too bad you have to wait till my funeral.
Then we were listening to "Life is a Highway" this morning. This is Brady's version of the song, "Life is a highway, someones in my way, all night long." Jer and I thought this was so funny and true. Brady is always running someone over.

1 comment:

Caleb's Co. said...

I'm a speech therapist for a school district. I might be able to give you a few tips for the IEP process. Email me if you'd like:
gold_amy@hotmail.com