Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Well I am actually getting better at posting more often..hopefully I can keep it up! Kai had physical therapy yesterday for the first time in a month and a half. It was the first time I have been able to talk to Kelly since Philly. He was as flabbergasted as I was hearing the news of Kai's diagnosis..or lack there of I guess I should say. Fortunately it doesn't change to much from the PT standpoint. We got him scheduled for an occupational therapy evaluation in two weeks. This was suggested by the OT in Philly. Kai's Grandma and I have thought he has needed OT for a long time. Kai and Kelly played the Wii Fit yesterday. I thought that since he didn't do anything other than the balance games that today wouldn't be so bad. Well I was wrong!! It has been an awful day. He is just so exhausted! When he woke up this morning he was so pale and after a matter of seconds of being in the car he was asleep. Then we got home and he just wanted to rest. This is so frustrating to me. I hate that after he is remotely close to being a normal four year old he can't function for at least a day. Thankfully the other days he is as happy and sweet as can be. If only I could be more like him!
Kai continues to love pre-school and is doing very well. He is loving his batman stuff he got for Christmas, and is so glad to be home with his brother and sisters. I have never seen him so lost as he was in Philly with no one to play with.
I just want to take a minute to thank my wonderful support group of family, friends, church members, and especially my mother-in-law, Cheryl. These people are always so willing to help and show so much concern for Kai and our whole family. There is no way we could make it through without them and the constant encouragement from Cheryl. Thanks again!

No comments: