Friday, January 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Abby J!!! (1 day late)

Yesterday was a big day in our family, it was Abigail's 1st birthday! For me it was a very sad day. My baby is not much of a baby any more. She also seems to know this, today she is acting so big and even had her first Popsicle. Yes I know it is only forty degrees outside. Kai and his sidekick Alison snuck in the house and took some Popsicle's, so then it was just the trickle down effect. She was hilarious and wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry.
I took the three youngest to see the pediatrician. They are all growing like weeds. Also Dr. Cornish said that this year with Kai is a big one. We need to show him that he can do anything he really wants to. We can't have him going through life with a woe is me attitude. I don't thing this will be a problem with him though. It is something I need to keep myself from doing. Yesterday was just one of those days, with Abby turning one and talking to Dr. Cornish about Kai, lets just say I was weepy. Thankfully I have a wonderful aunt who called on just the right day. I also have a wonderful husband and great kids who make me smile.
Example: Last night Ainsley and I were talking about baptism. Since she is turning eight this year she has been asking a lot of questions. She ask me if the water in the church was better than anywhere else. I told her no that people can be baptized in a lake, ocean, etc. She then ask why every part of the body has to be under the water. I told her that it symbolizes all of our sins being washed away. Then she proceeded to ask me if they drain the water when you are done. I told her "yes", then she said,"Oh yeah, well you wouldn't want your sins getting all over someone else." I could not stop laughing!! I was reminded that she is still only seven not twenty.
Needless to say my day ended up o.k.


The best Popsicle face ever!

My sweet girl.

1 comment:

Hillary said...

Oh she is a cutie pie! Happy 1st B-day to Abby.